A QR code is a dimensional barcode that can be read by a smartphone. Users want immediate access to what’s relevant and QR codes are being used to make that possible. QR codes are similar to the barcodes which are used by retailers to track inventory and price products at the point of sale. There is a difference between the two is the amount of data they can hold and share.
Barcodes are linear and one-dimensional codes and it can only store up to 20 numerical digits, while QR codes are two- dimensional (2D) matrix barcodes that can hold thousands of alphanumeric characters of information. QR codes can hold more information and helpful in case of use make them practical for small businesses.
The capacity and ability of QR codes to connect people and to multimedia digital content is very useful for businesses and consumers alike.
Uses of a QR code
- Link directly to URL:- In this, you can send to your customer a URL of your choosing, with this URL your customer can do various thing these are :
- Rewards like Discount/ Coupons
- Additional information about the product
- Enter sweepstakes
- Sign up to receive more information
- Access video
- Make a purchase
- Connect with social media
- Send a Text message:- Allows your customers to send you a text message. It helps you to capture the phone number of the person texting you.
- Call a Phone Number:- It allows the customer to call the phone number supplied by you.
- Decode a secret message:- you can encode a message up to 500 characters in the QR code, scanning the QR code, it will display the secret message. Some companies using this method on scavenger hunts to send customers.
- Download Vcard contact info:- It allows you to download contact info for the future of business cards.
Where you can generate a free QR Code:-
- Go QR:- This is a free site that allows you to create QR codes that do all 5 of the items listed above.
- com:– This is another free tool site on which a user can generate the QR code and can landing the QR code page by Oysso.com.
Kawya is another free site for free generators’ QR code. And you can search on google for free QR code. You will get many free sites results.
Needs to scan a QR code to your customer
- A camera-enabled smartphone.
- QR codes readers app, here are few examples
- Red Laser
- Quick Mark
- A QR code that’s dark in color on a white/ light background.
QR codes are good for businesses:–
- Deliver extra value to the customer.
- It helps to collect contact info.
- It allows you to the location of your customers with their permission.
- It helps to interact with your customers.
- Quickly to set up.
- Allow you to track the awareness and engagement of their customers.
Best practices for Businesses using QR code
- Use Short URLs:- The longer URL is the more complex QR code. The more complex URL code is difficult to scan. If you don’t have a short URL than you can shorten it by using bit.ly.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility:- you have to use those codes which can be used or scan on multiple devices.
- Give instructions to your consumers on how to use the QR codes, so they know what to do with the QR codes. For example, if you print the code on the packing of your product, print a statement like this below/ beside it, “scan this with a smartphone app that can read QR codes.” Until QR codes are more widely decode, the business must help educate the consumer.
- Check QR codes over and over again with multiple readers apps and phones before releasing to the public otherwise a faulted QR code will be useless and can create a problem.
- A“Microsite” for customers. A regular webpage can be difficult to read and navigate on a smartphone. QR code’s lending sites should be dimensionally smaller, and we can say should be designed for a small smartphone screen. By this customers can easily read or scan QR code any small smartphone without facing any problem.
QR codes are a learning and a very useful tool for the viewpoint of business. QR codes can store more information and help others to know this information by scan and read the QR code. A user of the QR code has the right knowledge of using it, how to gain information from it. We hope that the information given by us in this article about the QR code will help you to expend the QR reading experience.