Do you know about how to clean a mousepad? Mousepads are the essential component of the computer which helps to increase the mouse accuracy. Mousepads are known as computer pad, and it comes in various designs, shapes and colours. This computer pad helps in improving the entire function, mobility and control of a mouse.
The most common mousepad is made with the fabric, plastic, vinyl, or synthetic fibres, although some others are made with genuine leather and these leather mousepads are expensive than others. No doubt that when you use a computer all day, then you move and rub a hand across your mousepad. As a result, your mousepad becomes dirty due to the dead skin cells, sweat, blood, and germs. So, you should be aware of how to clean a mousepad. Give a read to this article and know the best-proven ways of cleaning a mouse pad. According to Howtoclean.info, there are ample of ways to clean mouse pad even you can unfold the question of how to clean SteelSeries mousepad.
How to Clean Mouse Pad – The Quick Method of Cleaning:
Your mousepad becomes dirty with all sorts of particles, foods, dust, so there is a need to clean mouse pad and increase the performance of mouse operations:
For cleaning a mouse pad with the ultra-quick method you have the following things:
- Baby Wipe
- Wet Sponge
- Damp Cloth
If you have the following thing, then you can easily get rid of all the dust of mousepad within no time. You begin with wiping down the dust with a baby wipe or a damp cloth, but for ultra quick method – it is an assumption that your computer pad isn’t too dirty.
How to Clean Steelseries Mousepad – Wash Your Mousepad In A Sink:
If your mousepad is too dirty and you spilled food or drink on it, then this method does the trick. Keep reading to know some effective way and get the glorious look of your computer pad:
- Fill a sink or basin with the warm water and dish soap “The basin or sink should be large to immerse the entire mousepad ”
- Toss the SteelSeries mousepad in this soapy water
- Allow it soak maximum for 5 to 10 minutes to loosen up the dirt/food/debris
- You can begin scrubbing the surface of mousepad with the help of brush or a sponge “lightly rub the surface in the soapy ”
- Once done, then drain the sink and begin with rinsing the mousepad
- After that, dry the mousepad with the help of paper towels, and you can also allow the mousepad to air dry overnight
Aside from the drying time, it is the fastest and easiest method of cleaning the mouse pad. You can follow the above method and get rid of stains, dirt as soon. If you are looking for even deeper cleaning method of the mousepad, then follow the below one.
How to Wash a Mousepad – The Washing Machine Method:
If you follow the above sink method and you didn’t get all of the stains out, then you ought to throw your mousepad in the washing machine and see the magic by getting rid of stubborn stains.
- Well, throw your dirty mousepad into the washing machine
- Add a small amount of detergent or laundry soap into the machine
- Don’t use hot water for the cleaning process and should change your washing machine’s setting to a lighter cycle
- Allow your washing machine to do the things
- Once done, take the mousepad out – Allow air dry it overnight “You can use a hair dryer to complete the drying ”
Bonus – General Tips:
- Don’t use the mousepad which is still wet otherwise it will ruin both the mouse and the table it’s sitting on
- You can clean your mouse ball for improving the functionality of mouse operation, take the mouse ball out and begin to clean it with the cotton ball
The Final Words:
- You should avoid using harsh fabric cleaners as it damages the colour of the pad
- While cleaning mousepad, you should be gentle. Avoid rubbing the surface of mousepad hardly or “don’t squeeze, twist or mash the fabric of ”
Surprisingly – you come to know how to wash a mousepad. Follow the above methods and get rid of stubborn stains within no time. Good Luck!
I am Very Enthusiastic about Writing Tech, Smart Phones, Products Reviews, Offers, and deals. I have been writing on tricks5.com since 2015.
Leave a Reply