Effective Website Optimization Strategies
You should always make sure that your website is fully optimized for SEO since over the last few years everything has changed a lot. You need to know that there are some variables that can be used or not used while there are some that would carry a lot more weight than some of the others. Even if you are just focusing on the basics and essentials of SEO, then you can crush it. However, here are some of the top factors that you need to be optimizing on your website.
Any website should be mobile friendly and the starting mobile-first index was rolled out in March 2018 by Google. However, those who were smart were already ensuring that their websites were mobile-friendly before it even rolled out. There are numerous basics that should be used to make your website mobile-friendly, including:
- Ensuring that the website is adaptive to all types of devices, including tablets, mobile phones or desktops
- Scaling the images while using a professional responsive design for the website, especially for all users from mobile phones
- Use meta titles that are short since they will be much easier to read while using a mobile device
- Avoid using pop-ups that will cover up the content and prevent the visitor from getting a small glimpse about what the content is actually about
- You don’t need to use long-form content on your mobile-based website since less is more, which can help to give you better ranking and higher traffic on mobile devices
- Don’t use cloaking and mobile-friendly as an excuse since search engines and users need to be able to see the exact same content.
The more you know, then the easier it is going to be for you to ensure that your website is fully optimized, especially for mobile devices.
There are some people who think that technical SEO is intimidating, but there are so many tools that are available that a complete audit isn’t going to be daunting. However, the key thing to know is how you should be interpreting the data that is provided and what you should be doing with it. Here are a few things to be checking, such as:
- Ensuring that your website qualifies as fully mobile-friendly
- Any status code errors and fix them
- Errors in the robot.txt file, which should be fixed and optimized
- Use the Google Search Console to check the website indexing and examine and then repair any problems discovered
- Find and fix any duplicate meta descriptions and title tags
- Audit the website for content and check the statistics for traffic in Google Analytics and consider pruning or improving the content that is underperforming
- Fix any broken links since they are bad for the user experience and even for your rankings
- Submit the XML sitemap of your website using Google Search Console to Google
These are only a few of the top things that you are going to need to make sure that you are checking out in terms of your technical SEO and that need to be fixed if there are any issues.
Core Web Vital
The initiative by Google was designed in order to quantify the vital metrics that a healthy website would have, which is to give the best user experience possible. Sometime in 2021, there is going to be a “Page Experience” signal that is going to be incorporated into the core algorithm of Google and it would become a ranking factor. Google stated that the “loading experience, interactivity, and visual stability of page content, and combined are the foundation of the 2020 Core Web Vitals.”
These metrics would focus on the unique aspect that is the user experience and it is quantifiable and measurable as an objective determination for the outcome. Here are some areas and metrics that can help you with measuring the core web vitals of your website, including:
- Page speed – You need to make sure that you are looking at the performance of both your desktop and mobile sites and see just how fast they load. This will allow you to see the speed required and make any changes that are needed.
- Quality of website page – You want to have the best pages on your website and that means you need to figure out if your pages are high quality. Ensure that you are using the right tools for this and that you are making the necessary changes.
- URL performance – You can also use Google Search Console to see the performance of any URL and it can be grouped by the status, URL group or even the metric type. It is better to know what URLs are performing higher so you can use those and then make the changes to other pages.
Go ahead and use these metrics and ensure that they are fixed for your website so you can get the highest ranking possible.
Intent of User
When you are trying to rank a specific keyword you need to write some stunning content, optimize it and then get some trusted links with it. You want Google to be able to understand the context that you are using and then give the reader the results they need based on their intent. This means that you need to use some more advanced level keywords, which would require more research and more intricate selection than before.
You want to be able to get your content through to the top of the search rankings and it becomes more and more difficult over time. This is when you would use content marketing as a tool and here are some tips that would help you in this, such as:
- Creating a content hub or resource centre for the users
- Filling the resource centre with entertaining, informative and useful content
- Writing some “spoken” pieces related to the interlink and resource hub
- Create some new articles that are related to the interlink and resource centre
- Spread the word about the hub by promoting the news articles on various social channels
- Use some trending topics that are relevant to the content and promote them on social media
- Use the camera on your smartphone since videos and images tend to convert better than just text
- Update your low trafficked and stale content
These are just a few tips that you can use to make sure that your website is going to be fully optimized.
UX or user experience is centred on getting insight about the users, their limitations, their abilities, their values and their needs. UX also takes objectives and business goals into consideration and this should focus on improving the user experience quality. There are a few factors that would influence the user experience that you need to know about, including:
These factors should be taken into consideration when you are looking at the overall feel and user experience of your website while optimizing it.
Another one of the top factors for calculating ranking is links and you need to make sure that you are using only the highest quality ones. This is because Google can tell the difference between the spammy and authentic ones and here are some great strategies for link building, including utilizing resource pages, fixing all broken links, reclaiming the links and even claiming your mentions that are linked.
These are just a few of the best strategies that you need to know about and each one would make sure that your website is fully optimized. You need to start with the basics and make sure that your website is of the highest quality and then make sure that you are using the right keywords. Also, ensure that your page loads quickly and that the user is having the best experience possible.
About the Author –
With over 13 years experience as a leader in digital marketing, Mansi Rana is Managing Director of EZ Rankings – Best SEO Reseller Company. Passionate about all things data; providing actionable business intelligence in digital, future tech; and venture bubbles categories for everyone, everywhere.
I am Very Enthusiastic about Writing Tech, Smart Phones, Products Reviews, Offers, and deals. I have been writing on tricks5.com since 2015.
Leave a Reply