Plagiarism is very similar to stealing something. It is taken as a negative act and people involved in it have to face consequences. Consider that you have to work on a blog post content related to the domain of your website. Make sure to check plagiarism of the written content when posting it on the website. It is not possible to go ahead with the writing process until you have sufficient material with you. Thus, you would start by checking different websites and compiling sufficient material. Here, you have to develop an understanding. Accessing an online source to get relevant information does not mean that the content should be copied. Any published information on the internet belongs to the original author. Authors put in a lot of hard work and concentration to produce top notch content. Copying content without proper paraphrasing simply means that their hard work would go down the drain. This is the reason why plagiarism is considered a serious offense. Other than that, people who submit copied content have to go through penalties.
Why do students submit plagiarized content?
It is important to understand why plagiarized content is submitted by students. Plagiarism is both intentional and unintentional. However, there are some core reasons due to which students submit copied content.
Let us have a look at these reasons
Lack of hard work
It is not easy for students to work on academic paper submissions. Comprehensive research work is needed before the student starts the writing phase. Most students get stressed out while performing the research work and completing the requirements of the paper. They do not want to put in so much hard work. It is not easy to go through several websites, filter out the content that matches your needs and then uses it. Even the most intelligent students struggle when they have to carry out research work for their academic paper. Thus, copying content seems an easier option. College and students copy content from different websites and use them. They do not rephrase the content and submit in the current form.
- A lot of students submit plagiarized content intentionally because they do not want to put in so much effort. It is much easier to copy content and submit it. On the other hand, if you compile the content and perform end to end rephrasing, a lot more effort would be needed.
Meeting tight deadlines is a challenge
Students work on various types of assignments including term papers, dissertations, and daily assignments as well. These submissions have tight deadlines which means that students have to deliver them in short spans of time. It is a known fact that if your assignment is not submitted on time, you would end up with a low grade. In other words, students aim at submitting their papers on time so that they do not have to face many complications.
- Students are not experienced like professional writers so even the most intelligent ones struggle when they are working on submissions. If you are working on an essay paper or research submission, you would have a strict submission date. In the initial stages of the writing process, most students work with a laid back approach. Due to this, they start getting nervous when the submission date is near.
- When you are working with a hasty approach, the risk of submitting copied content increases. If you know that assurance about content originality would be attained, you would work with a relaxed strategy. With a plagiarism checking tool, you can run a scanning cycle and see if any part of the content is copied or not.
Insufficient knowledge about methods of plagiarism prevention
It is a shocking fact that a lot of students copy content because they do not have enough information. If you do not know that plagiarism is wrong, you would copy content to get done with the paper quickly.
- Lack of information about plagiarism can be a problem for students. Do you know that even if your paper content is original but the sources are not cited, it would be rated as plagiarized? Citation of sources acts as a confirmation that you have used legitimate permissible sources. You may find a lot of illegitimate scam websites against your search. However, you cannot use them due to a lack of reliability. By providing a citation, you provide an assurance that a credible source has been used.
- Providing citations for sources is a mandatory factor. Even if you don’t copy information but present the paper without citations, the same penalties would be applied.
- It is a necessity to know the difference between using a website as a source of content and copying information from it. Even highly intelligent students are not aware of this difference. Hence, nothing seems wrong to them when they copy information.
Summing It Up
The importance of submitting original content cannot be ignored in any manner. If you want your paper to be graded according to the invested hard work, the content should be paraphrased and checked for plagiarism. Even if you are putting in several hours to paraphrasing the content, use a proper tool to check it for plagiarism. Submitting copied content means that the student has not worked with an ethical approach. Very strict penalties are applied on the student if his paper has originality problems. Once you are done with the writing work, use a high standard technological tool and perform a plagiarism check.