Evolution comes to different aspects of life and music is one of them. Music evolves from time to time, as such, musicians have to keep up with the changes or end up forgetting they need to expand their fanbase and raise followers amount. People, especially music lovers all over the world, follow these trends and expect musicians to evolve as well.
Musicians face different challenges in the music industry. As an up-and-coming artist, you face the challenge of getting recognition from record labels and consumers for your brand, what you do, and why you even do it. For an established musician, it is how the kind of music you are known for stays relevant. Especially considering the fact that there are now younger stars and others rising on a daily basis with great sounds and vibes. This is because they are new, different, and rich in sound.
Proven Steps to Promote Your Music on Instagram
Instagram is one of the major tools to use to get the kind of recognition you need for what you represent. To thrive as a musician, you have to be able to reach your target audience. Instagram is a great starting point because of its large user base. Instagram recorded 1 billion monthly active users in 2021. Some of these users can become your fans. Here are some of the best ways to help you promote your music on this platform:
- Instagram Bio: Optimize your Instagram bio with a meaningful profile picture. This is very important, as you know, Instagram is a visual platform by nature and you must use that as an advantage. Information such as the description of your music, the most recent music project you are on. Also, add career highlights and awards/achievements that could be verifiable and be concise about it. Additionally, you could share effective links to your website or Youtube page which could change as often as possible informing people of what you are up to.
- Post Diversification: From posting to your stories, running paid ads, doing reels, and posting on normal timeline feeds to IGTV, you may share your content in various forms to reach your target audience.
- Hashtags: Using the right hashtags is very helpful because Instagram users use hashtags to search for musicians/artists, new content, and shows.
- Use Ads and Sponsored Posts: Recently, it has become rather difficult to reach a unique target audience usually, hence, pay-to-reach became the order of the day. As a musician, up-and-coming, or established, you have to make sure your ads and sponsored posts reach the unique audience and post engaging content that will attract the unique audience mentioned above.
- Giveaways: This is a marketing trick that musicians, especially established musicians have discovered lately. It helps to accelerate the publicity for any show or concert you have coming up.
You may find Instagram an innovative method for promoting your music if appropriately used. Instagram is one of the best ways to reach your target audience fast and it also encourages interactions or communication between you and your fans.