The PMP exam has always been a concern for all of us. The following is the introduction of the passing rate of the PMP exam for your reference.
- PMP pass rate
Globally, the average passing rate of PMP exam is only 20%-30%. However, in the propaganda of most domestic PMP training institutions, we often see that the passing rate of PMP is very high. The PMP pass rate is nothing to look at.
What is the actual pass rate of PMP training? At present, PMI has not published the PMP pass rate. The data on the website are published by the PMP training institutions themselves. As each training institution has different teachers and teaching methods, the passing rate of each training institution will be different. In fact, the passing rate of PMP in China is indeed higher than that in the world. The true passing rate is about 60%, and the average excellent PMP training institution like SPOTO can reach more than 85%.
The most important point is their own efforts. If they don’t work hard, the reason for the high rate is that on the one hand, Chinese people are good at exams; On the other hand, PMI has always implemented the written test in China, rather than the PMP computer-based test which is commonly used in the international PMP certification, which creates favorable conditions for the accumulation of questions and knowledge points in the PMP examination.
- PMP Test Difficulty
The PMP consists of 200 multiple-choice questions, of which 25 questions will not be scored and will be randomly checked. Pass the exam by answering 106 questions correctly. The reference rate is 60.57%. The correct answer (106+25) and the above questions can pass, the reference ratio 131/200,65.5%. Because it’s all multiple choice, 4 hours is plenty of time for the exam.
The PMP exam is not marked directly but is written with B, M, and P: B-below Proficient, not Proficient; M-Moderately proficient; P – Proficient, Proficient. In general, if all the process areas are M and P, you can definitely get through. If there are more than 2 B’s, it will be more mysterious. The specific result depends on the email sent by PMI (I have seen 3 B’s before).
PMP certification is a popular qualification in IT, communication, construction and other high-tech industries. The theory system of PMP is indispensable to the management of technology upgrading and the improvement of managers’ ability. If you are planning to register for the PMP certification, but may not have a lot of basic information, then the following may be helpful to you.
- The registration requirements of PMP certification
(1) Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 4500 hours or 3 years project management experience;
(2) Bachelor degree or less, with at least 7500 hours or 5 years of project management experience;
(3) Meet any of the above conditions and have the 35PDU training certificate issued by the authorized PMI training institution. This will be issued uniformly on the fifth day of the class (it should be noted that the formal training authorized by the Foreign Affairs Bureau is required).
Remarks: Candidates who take the PMP test can consult the training consultant carefully before registering to determine their qualification.
In the process of PMP qualification examination, practical experience is more important than a diploma.
- PMP test time
In 2019, there will be 4 opportunities to take the PMP exam: March 30th, June 22th, September 7th and December 7th. The chances of taking the exam in the first half of next year (2020) are basically the same as in 2019.
- PMP registration in Chinese and English
Since PMP is an international certification, it usually takes two times to register. One time you should register on the English website, which requires PMI review. Another time in the Chinese website registration, the need for China Foreign Affairs Bureau review. We will call the two types of registration English registration and Chinese registration. Registration in English first and then in Chinese. There is no time limit for English registration, but there is a 5-7 day review period, and the account will be valid for one year after the audit is successful.
Chinese registration usually takes place two months before the test and lasts about one month. If you are planning to register for the PMP exam in 2019, please pay attention to Huixiang Little Assistant Moments, there will be a reminder. If the English application is not approved, you will not be able to complete the Chinese application. Chinese registration also has a start and end date.
Therefore, it is recommended to register in English as early as possible and try to complete the English registration before the Chinese registration starts, so as not to delay the test.
- Fees for PMP Exam 2019
Initial Test: PMP is a single-finger test fee charged by PMI institutions, which is unified at about 557$. Re-examination: Re-examination person needs to pay a re-examination fee, the re-examination fee is 357$.
Candidates who do not pass the PMP exam are advised to register for the re-examination in time, as candidates have only one year’s qualification period to pass the exam. During the qualification period, there are 2-3 chances to take the exam.
- Procedures for PMP registration
- First, submit the application materials in English and complete them on the official website of PMI. PMI will reply to you by email within 5 working days and then apply in Chinese according to the Chinese registration time published by the Foreign Affairs Bureau.
- After receiving the reply and confirmation of the English registration form PMI, log in the website and register in Chinese. Login to the registration system again to check the review status within 3 working days after the successful registration.
- Then there will be an application review link, that is, the PMP certification department according to a certain proportion of spot check and review of the application data, candidates can cooperate with the review according to specific requirements.
- After passing the application, the PMP certification letter will be sent by PMI to PMP China Representative Office 1 to 2 weeks before the PMP test, and the registration centres in mainland China will inform the candidates.
- After receiving the PMI confirmation letter (i.e. the admission ticket), check with the test centre about the test time, place and other arrangements.
- After determining the relevant matters for the exam, I will enter the PMP exam preparation stage.
Note: Keep in mind the closing time of the registration system, so as not to lose the right to modify and fail to register, so you should watch the time.
- The form of the PMP examination
At present, it is relatively simple in China. It is a direct written single choice test, and there is no need for an interview and paper submission. The exam will last for four hours, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. There are 200 single choice questions, of which 25 questions are selected randomly without scoring. The language will be bilingual English and Chinese.
- PMP test content
PMP test content is mainly based on PMBOK, with five process groups and ten knowledge systems as the centre, combining theory with the practical operation, and deepening the test questions with PMI thinking.
PMP certification examination questions weight distribution: starting 13%, planning 24%, execution 30%, monitoring 25%, closing 8%, professional ethics 9%.
- PMP Ceasing 2019
If you need to postpone your registration to the next exam after successful payment, you must do so before the deadline. A default fee of 850 RMB will be deducted for the withdrawal of the test, and the postponement of the test can only be done once. If you are not expected to be able to take the exam as scheduled near the exam date, you may apply for an emergency postponement.
I am Very Enthusiastic about Writing Tech, Smart Phones, Products Reviews, Offers, and deals. I have been writing on tricks5.com since 2015.